We are currently accepting applications for a Front Office Manager. This position is similar to a hotel/retail office manager.
Land of Medicine Buddha is busy Buddhist retreat center. Our retreat center exists in order to be of service to others. Our staff members demonstrate our spiritual values in their work.
Front Office Manager Duties include:
- Supervising staff in reception & bookstore
- In conjunction with the Assistant Director, doing performance reviews every 3-6 months for reception & bookstore employees
- Training new reception office staff
- Vacation/day off requests
- Management of information to our kitchen and operations department. (I.e. meal numbers, set-up needs).
- Responsible for monitoring communication between reception and housekeeping
- Ensuring that documents and lists are up to date and correct
- Conducting periodic reviews of guest rooms to check for any maintenance or housekeeping needs.
Reception Office / Bookstore
- Provide reception & bookstore coverage; i.e. being available regularly to answer phones, take reservations, check in guests and help bookstore customers.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Director, develop new policies and procedures as needed.
- Ensuring that policy and protocol are followed.
- Making sure opening and closing procedures are followed correctly
- Interfacing with other managers to ensure smooth interdepartmental communication
- Work with receptionists to make sure all forms are printed, office is kept clean, daily communication with housekeeping is clear, and the reservation system is accurate.
- Work with the bookstore coordinator to make sure the store is well-stocked, clean and organized, and orders are being place in a timely fashion.
- Working with the bookstore coordinator to do a complete physical inventory at the end of each year.
- Filling in for the lower office staff as needed to accommodate vacation requests and sick leave.
- Maintaining and updating the needs of the bookstore reception office including :office manual, guest welcome books, and staff phone lists, reception forms, replacing lost room keys
Our ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent customer service & problem solving skills including:
- Great communication skills
- A healthy sense of humor
- Hospitable, welcoming demeanor
- An inquisitive mind that can bring calm to high stress situations.
- At least two years’ experience in reception offices, retail, and/or retreat centers
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience and confidence with computers, particularly documents, spreadsheets, reservation system.
- Flexibility in their schedule
- Must be able to work weekends
Other helpful qualifications include:
- Knowledge of & experience with Google Drive/Docs/Apps
- Knowledge of & experience with Resnexus Reservation System
- Knowledge of & experience with iPads & PayPal
This is a full time position salary position. Starting wage will be based on experience. Tangible benefits include vacation, holiday, sick pay and dental insurance.
To apply, please submit the following information to: employment at medicinebuddha dot org
- A one page cover letter explaining why you are right for this job and why this job is right for you.
- A professional resume
- Two professional references and one personal reference